dinner with old friends and clothes...

And, dang- we didn't even take a picture! What was I thinking?! Anyway, I had dinner tonight with two of my great friends from way back in the 6th grade. We were the bestest of friends... sleepovers, concerts, beach trips, pool days, movies... what fun we had when we were younger. Now we are all grown up! I can't believe it. Elizabeth went to UNC-W, Kathryn went to ECU and I was at UNC so we kinda lost touch after high school. Funny thing is, we all live within a 5 mile radius of each other now! It was so fun catching up. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen. We talked about life, marriage, boyfriends, etc. I can't believe how grown we are. We were talking about when Summer was just born and now she is going to high school! To think, we were younger than she is now when we became friends. We will definitely have to keep in better touch! Kathryn had to leave to go be with a student party tonight. She is a TA in Carborro right now and is finishing up her license to become a teacher full time! Elizabeth went to school for criminal justice and is looking for a job now. I am so proud of all of us and how far we have come. Elizabeth and I walked around the mile for a long time. It started off at Crate and Barrel to get her opinion on the chair we are getting Riley. Then we went to GAP and they have a whole new maternity section where the gap body store used to be. The selection is so much bigger than it used to be. I know where I will be in August when it is time to go back to work! Then we were on the hunt for a cute diaper bag which wound us up at the maternity store downstairs. I found a cute diaper bag there, but can't decide yet if I still want that Kate Spade one. I do, but the straps may be too thin and hurt my arm. I'll have to keep looking. I did find a dress that I loved though! I got it to wear to Melissa and Ryans wedding in a couple of weeks. I think it will be perfect for the 4th of July party too with some red shoes and red jewelry. I'm wearing the gold pumps I wore to my rehearsal dinner with it to the wedding though. The best part is that I can totally wear it even when I am not pregnant anymore. AND I put the 7 month belly on (on top of my already 5 month belly= 12 months! lol) and it still looked cute with a huge belly. The lady at the store didn't think I would get that big, but you never know! It is super cute, cotton and plain enough to dress up or down. I fell in love and just had to have it. It was just "me." I only have a couple of "maternity" pieces of clothing. Most of my stuff still fits right now. I have my belly bands for all of my shorts and jeans. I do have my sevens that are maternity jeans- gotta do some work to them since the seamstress brought them up too short! SO SAD! I'm gonna have them taken in around the ankles a bit so I can roll them. They're super cute! And who says this girl wont wear seven maternity jeans after the baby is born!? lol. Other than that, I have a couple of tops and one more dress and some leggings. I plan to be in a lot of dresses this summer and most of my sun dresses are long and totally will fit for most of the time. Like I said, I will need to do a tad bit of shopping come August when I need to be work appropriate. But for now- sun dresses, gym shorts and bikinis are fine with me! Amy asked me today if I would be OK wearing outfits more than once in the time between August and October to work. I told her I would but she seems to think I will need a shrink. Haha- my friends know me well. I'm sure it will be fine. I have a feeling it will be a lot of leggins and maternity tops to get me through October. :o) Well, enough clothing talk for the night- Here's a picture of my newest purchase. Have a wonderful Friday night, y'all!

yes, i love the top part ;) it FITS! lol


let go laughing!

Comments

Popular Posts