shopping, registering, and swimming...

Feeling good today. It was 104 degrees today which tied the "hottest ever" record in the triangle. I can't even begin to think what the heat index was. Michael made me a waffle this morning with fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top and we watched Regis and Kelly while we ate (one of our fav. things to do together in the mornings). We watched a little bit of Rachael Ray and then we were so lazy that we climbed back in bed and talked until noon! Then we got up and got dressed. He headed for the gym and I had to go to the bank and then to target. I returned the awesome dress that I wore on the 4th of July. Well... sorta- that dress was already returned because after wearing it once there was a huge tear down the seam... I returned it and realized the elastic in the top was completely twisted and I gave up. I just got a gift card and used it on things I needed for back to school/work. I got a nice file box to help organize my desk, similar to the one I saw on pinterest. (*seen below)
of course I had to put my own spin on it though... Instead of putting my plans on rings, I will put them in the file folder and put the current week on the front with the green clips you see.

(*camera phone = blurry picture)

I think it will help me keep up with things better, it matches my classroom and it will hopefully be helpful to the sub while I am out. I also picked up some plastic page protectors to finish up my BEE binders for the beginning of the year. I finished about 16 before school got out and I needed more protectors and more binders. The rest will have to wait until the kids bring binders, because I just can't afford to go out and buy them like I have in past years. I also picked up this adorable planner. It is monthly and weekly. Each month is tabbed off and there is a calendar with the whole month. Behind that there are bigger spaces to write weekly plans. We always get a planner from school, but I needed it now to go ahead and put in Dr. appts and other things. Plus it is small enough to fit down into the diaper bag or my purse. I know I am already super type-A right now and plan, plan, plan, but I think it will get worse when Riley gets here... between my Dr. appts, her Dr. appts, the holidays and so much more!


Speaking of keeping up with things. I was reading a blog today and found something I totally want, and added it to my registry at Target. In fact, I registered for a bouncy seat too because I totally forgot about that thing! But here is the precious jewel that is a MUST HAVE for when Riley gets here. It's called the itzbeen timer. I registered for the pink one! Duh. It helps to keep track of the babies feedings, changings and sleeping so you can work on patterns and in case we forget when we last fed or changed her. I am so excited about this because when I go back to work, I can set it to when I last fed/ changed her and Michael will know when it is time to feed and check her diaper again. He can do the same on the nights he is going to work. I think it will help us out a lot. I am excited about it. Glad I ran across it for sure! If you are about to have a baby, I suggest it although I have never used it so I don't know how well it works yet. ;)

Anyway, after I picked up my needed items at Target, I met Michael at the coffee shop when he finished up at the gym. We headed home after that and jumped in the pool. The water temperature was 93 degrees. It felt like a bath, but fortunately, with the temperature outside of the pool being 104, it felt very nice to be in the 93! I swam a few laps to try to get some exercise, but it was even too hot for that!

27 weeks + 3 days (and those hideous cabinets we still haven't replaced...)

That's about it for today. Time to make my angel hair pasta with fresh shrimp and alfredo sauce. So yummy.

~let go laughing!

Comments

Popular Posts