lazy days...

We spent a wonderful weekend at the beach with my dads cousins from Illinois. Desirae, Josh, Garrett and Kaylee. The kids had never seen the ocean before and they had so much fun. Minus one mishap when Garrett busted a decorated Easter egg that Tyler had left in his room for about 4 years... It didn't smell too good! :) It makes for a great story that will follow Garrett for the rest of his life though! Kaylee ate shrimp for the first time and actually loved it. She is so picky, but she surprised us by eating it. They are back safely in Illinois now and we hope to see them again soon.


Not much is better than waking up at 8:30- brushing your teeth, making coffee in the keurig and climbing back in bed to watch Regis and Kelly. I'm spending some time at home and it is really nice. I do not want to go back to work... After taking the boys to the spa for their day of pampering, I will return to lay by the pool as long as the sun will shine on me. :) Did I mention how beautiful Kelly Ripa is?! Gosh, she makes me jealous. Yesterday, it rained all day- which we needed. I got a pedicure with mom and then I went to the grocery store and got fresh veggies and chicken to make a yummy dinner. I made a salad with apples, candied walnuts and feta cheese. I made pasta with red, green and yellow peppers, mushrooms and garlic. I attempted to make chicken tenders on the grill. I marinated half of them in barbecue and the other half in spicy mango. Unfortunately, the entire dinner was ready when Michael got home from his day long meeting and the grill wasnt hot enough when he put the chicken on for me- we completed them in the oven. They were still good, but I really just want an electric grill so I can grill on my own. lol. I'm seeing Michael's Christmas present in my near future. haha. Anyway- after dinner, we played some skip-bo with Seth and Ashley. It was nice catching up since we have been missing each other with our trips over the summer. Thats what happens with teachers and a summer-long vacation. They are here when we are gone, we are gone when they are here. lol. We went to TCBY to get a treat between games. Then we played UNO Attack and Spoons. I love game nights!
And, I love having neighbors so close that enjoy games like we do! Were going to watch Jersey Shore for the very first time tomorrow night. Seth and Ashley are having a Jersey Shore party and we are supposed to dress up. Michael and I have never seen the show and Ashley tells us it is just fun to watch because it is so ridiculous that there are really people like that in the world. haha. It should be fun. Were having lasagna! I hope everyone is enjoying this summer and the warm weather. I for one, LOVE it. :) Time to continue being lazy!

let go laughing.

Comments

Popular Posts