Saturday, April 14, 2012

VOTE AGAINST MAY 8th



IT WILL HURT CHILDREN AND FAMILIES


It's not just about same sex marriage people. If you don't know about it, read about it. Recent studies show about 60% of North Carolinians against this amendment. The other 40% may also be against it if they understand what it states.


The amendment states that marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this state.

Not only would the amendment prohibit same sex marriage (which it already does) it would also prohibit NC from ever passing legislation to grant civil unions, bar the state from instituting domestic partnership rights and take away insurance benefits that are currently offered to employees by several local governments.


What else?

Courts could interpret the language of the Amendment to ban any rights to state’s hundreds of thousands of unmarried couples—both same and opposite-gender.

Invalidating domestic violence protections for all unmarried partners;

Undercuting existing child custody and visitation rights that are designed to protect the best interests of children;

Preventing the state from giving committed couples rights to allow them to order their relationships, including threatening their ability to determine the disposition of their deceased partner’s remains; to make medical decisions if their partner is incapacitated; and to allow second-parent adoptions in order to ensure that both partners have a legal tie to, and financial responsibilities for, the children they are raising.



Go to the VOTE AGAINST page for more information-



Photo by Heidi Joy Photography-
Quote -unknown author

"to declare others love as wrong, is to not really understand love at all"

No comments:

Post a Comment