Dear Riley [6 months]

my everything
Dear Riley,


My sweet, sweet girl. I cannot believe an entire half of a year has gone by since you have joined us outside of the womb. 6 whole months you have been here. Riley Quinn, these have by far been the best 6 months of my life. You have grown and changed so much. I can't believe it. You are learning so much and you are so strong. Dr. Clark says you could be walking by 8 or 9 months! I don't know if I am ready for that! Where did my tiny (ok, you were never "tiny") baby girl go?! At your checkup last week you were 15 lbs and 27 inches long. 80% in height and 25% in weight. 


 This month, we have had to lower your crib to the lowest setting because you keep trying to escape. We put away the swing and bouncer chair... the attic is getting quite full! You are pulling up on anything and everything you can get your hands on. We have had to start baby-proofing the house so you don't get hurt too bad. I even found you in the dog bed last week when I turned my head for 30 seconds to get the laundry switched! I love it. You are pretend coughing to get attention and you are laughing and smiling at everything and everyone. You are so personable and I love your personality. Everywhere we go, people tell me how beautiful you are. I was told twice last week that you look like a porcelain baby doll. Someone else told me they could tell you were going to be a smart girl because you take everything in. You are SO inquisitive. 


You put yourself to sleep now at night. That kind of breaks my heart a little. Last night you had your bottle, read a book, said your prayers and we put you in your jammies. We kissed you goodnight, laid you down in your crib and you just smiled. You played for about 10 minutes and went right to sleep without a fuss. Again, I don't know if I am ready for this! You are even starting to take two long naps each day. (some days...) You are drinking about 30-33 oz a day in 4-5 bottles. Were going to target today when you wake up from your nap and getting you some size 3 nipples though! You're even eating 2 or 3 meals a day of baby food. You had yogurt this week (which is so strange to me, since you have to drink soy milk...) and you love the strawberry kind.  


We have done lots of fun things this month and will continue to do more! We have been to beach (you'll get used to that and grow up an island girl just like your mommy has!) the museum of life and science, marbles kids museum and we even took a gymoboree class! We have had several play dates at home and at the coffee shop. We keep missing story time though because you tend to always be napping during the time it is! Next on our agenda are pullen park and the zoo! We probably wont get to that until after Vegas though! 


You are doing so well while mommy tutors. Daddy loves to spend 1 on 1 time with you! Mommy was even offered the position next year at the same school, doing almost the same thing- just adding 3 more hours and working only in first grade. That sounded perfect to me! As long as the funding is available when they get their allotments, mommy will be making some more "Riley playtime money" next year! I'm excited about it! You were too when I told you about it today. :) 


Well, that's all I can think of for now. I just want you to know how much I love you and how you have changed my life so much. I have never been happier with my life. I am living what I always dreamed of. I thank God everyday for giving you to me, Riley. I love you.




Love, 
Mommy


My, how you have changed!









Comments

Popular Posts