4 month check up


Riley Quinn, you had your four month shots yesterday. You did so well. Mommy held your hands and rubbed your head while they were giving them to you. It makes me cry when you are in pain though. It was very hard for me to do. You measured in at 13 lbs and 25.5 inches long! That's the 80% for height and 30% for weight. Dr. Clark said you will be tall and skinny! You tried to crawl too! I'm serious... right off the table. The nurse laughed when we told her you were trying. When she looked over and saw you on all fours with your butt up in the air... boom- you went forward and she went... "she's crawling." We heard her in the hallway telling all the other nurses. Yeh, proud mommy and daddy moment! haha. When Dr. Clark was checking your balance he even said he thinks you will walk sooner than most because all you are missing is your balance. He even stood you up and let you go for about .5 seconds. lol. Riley Quinn, you are my everything. I just can't believe how much you are growing! You love baths now... It's so cute when you kick and squeal. We haven't been giving you baths every day because of your excema, but Dr. Clark said we could start trying to see if it will help. He said some babies do better with a bath everyday. We had to change you to soy formula to see if it helps with your skin. You seem to like it and we haven't had to add any rice for your reflux, so that is wonderful news. You may even be able to come off of your prevacid in the next couple of months. That would be wonderful! If this formual works for your skin, I will have to take back the 12 cans of the other stuff I have! Yikes! I only found 9 receipts, but that's better than none. I will donate the rest to a women's shelter. However, if it doesn't make a difference, we will use the AR up and then switch you over to regular Enfamil when it is all gone since your reflux seems to be better. *knock on wood* You continue to be a great sleeper. Last night you wanted a bottle at 4:45 which was not like you at all, but I think it is either from the new formula or from your shots... your body is learning to deal with it all. And you are still sleeping now... (it's 9am) so that quick bottle was not too bad.

Mommy got a job! I know, I know... but you just quit your job, right? Yes, but I got the perfect job for all of us! I am going to start soon, not sure when exactly. But I only work on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9-3:30 and I am only five minutes from the house. I am SO excited. I get to work with K-2 students in reading and math. Hopefully the principal will have a spot for me next year too. When I went for the interview, I thought it was for August. Totally wasn't expecting it to be for now. But when they asked me to start now, I asked if I could do two days instead of the three they were asking for and they said yes. It is going to be so hard to leave you, but I know it is the best thing. And you will be napping for literally half of the time I am gone. Ma lolo and Daddy will have a blast with you. It's like going to work on Monday and the next day being Friday. I am so excited for the opportunity! Just don't do any walking or standing up for the first time during that 3 hours of two days you are awake while I am gone! haha

And- you had your first solid food yesterday!!!! Avocados! You seemed to like them OK. I made squash and carrots for the freezer stash last night. I can't wait for you to try them!


Let's see... what else is new this month, Riley??? You had your first valentines day. On the day of your shots. How romantic, right? We had lunch with ma-lolo, grandy and nanny afterwards and then you stayed over at ma-lolo's for an hour or so while daddy and I made dinner at home. We missed you SO much. It was strange being in the kitchen with you nextdoor! I think that is all for now. I will add more when you actually turn 4 months old next Friday. Wow! WHERE is the time going?!?!?!

I love you, Riley Quinn!

Comments

Popular Posts