Family and Friendship.

Family and Friendship -Two of the most important things in life. I am blessed to have both in so many ways.
Family- n. pl. fam·i·lies
1. a. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts."
I have the most wonderful family anyone could ask for. People may ask "why do you live next door to your parents?" "How does Michael feel about that?" "I could never do that!" We hear these questions and comments often. The answer- we love it! Not because we can go into their kitchen anytime we want to or because we can use the pool, or have dog sitters when we need them.... but, because we love them and they are wonderful. I think we are lucky to be able to say we have such wonderful neighbors. We feel like it is our second home. We always feel welcome there and never feel out of place. As a teenager I never thought I would be close to my parents. Now they are some of my best friends. It is also really nice that Michael's family is moving to Charlotte in August. It will be nice to have them closer year round.


Friendship- (frndshp) n. 1. The quality or condition of being friends.
"Friendship is what gets you through the bad times and helps you enjoy the good times"
We are so blessed to have such wonderful friendships, not just within our families. Michael and I have made some wonderful friends throughout our marriage and before. Not only friends of our familes, but friends here in Durham and on base. I feel that friendship is important. Having someone there for you always, even if you don't see them everyday or talk to them as often as you would like to. We have many friends that we met while Michael was in the Marine Corps and we miss them dearly. Time changes and life moves on, but I feel like once you have a bond between friends, it doesnt go anywhere unless you allow it to. We have awesome new neighbors here in durham, and wonderful neighbors at the beach. We are some lucky folks! :o) I hope everyone realizes just how important family and friends are.

let go laughing.

Comments

Popular Posts