lots of firsts...

I cannot get over how lucky I am to have such a wonderful baby girl. I was asked this weekend if she ever cries. The answer is yes, but not too often. Riley Quinn is so spoiled. But as a wise woman once told me, she is spoiled, but not rotten. I am so fortunate to have such amazing people in our life to help raise and spoil my RQ. After a long conversation with a friend today, we came to the realization that we don't know if "spoiled" is the right word. Honestly, it is love. It is what parents should be able to give to their children. Not the material things... the clothes, the shoes, the toys... but the time spent loving on this baby girl. I was also told that I was seen having three kids. And ya know what??? I think I could see it too. But, sorry ma-lolo and Gigi- it's not in the cards for us... at least not any time soon, so I'm not making any promises!  (I won't lie when I say- I will most likely have two!)

I had another conversation with an old friend this week- I was talking about how amazingly good and easy going my Riley Quinn is. I told her I was afraid the next baby may not be as easy- in fact, I'm afraid it would be the exact opposite. Not that I would love it any less, I just have this fear. She told me it was not true and to not let people tell me that. "It's in the parenting," she said. I believe this. I am not planning to have another baby for a while. I honestly would like at least three years between them, and four or five would be even better. I do want another one some day, (whoever wants to help me talk Michael into another, go ahead...) but I want Riley to still be the baby. I want to be able to give the new baby the same amount of baby love and attention that miss RQ has had and is having. I also want Riley to be able to understand and love the new baby. So yes, I would definitely like a second one day. I am perfectly content with one and if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, but if it does happen, I don't want it to be for a long while...

She has changed my life. I have never been so happy. So calm. So relaxed. You may think that sounds strange. Relaxed? With a 7 month old...? Yes. I am just happy. She is my everything and all the matters to me. Making her smile. Making her giggle and making her all around happy is all that matters in my life. Luckily for us, she is such a happy girl. 


Now that I have blabbered on about things this post was not even intended for... I will share the "firsts" that this blog title promises. 


first boat ride! she LOVED it. we went all the way from topsail to wrightsville and back.

first lunch on the water at blue water in wrightsville


first apple product 



first bike ride- loves the bike trailer!



Comments

Popular Posts