motivation and working out


Below is the photo I posted several months back when I was pregnant. It was taken the summer of 2010. I was was feeling good about myself. While pregnant, I gained 29 lbs and was happy with my weight gain.


I was able to lose all but 7 or 8 lbs by 10 days after delivery and I was fitting back into my clothes. Mind you, they weren't fitting exactly the same as the used to, but they fit. I was happy with the loss and didn't mind the extra 8 lbs or so and they started to drift off slowly. Then, I got stuck. That measly 5 lbs that you just can't lose. You know what I am talking about... Everyone told me about it before I ever got pregnant.

I have to admit, I have always been overly concerned about my clothes fitting correctly. It's not the clothes you wear, but HOW you wear them. SO- no... I'm not fat, wasn't fat, have never been fat... but if my clothes don't fit right, I am not happy.
What did I do about it...??? RUN. RUN. RUN. This has always been my favorite go-to exercise. I love to run. I started at the beginning of January and haven't been too great about keeping with routine until the last week. But, boy can I tell a difference already! This week I have run 5/7 days and spent at least 20 minutes running/jogging and finishing my workout with 50-100 crunches. It's not a lot, but it's something and it's working. It has been so pretty, we have also included walks and jogs with the stroller on top of my other workout.

Anyway- here is my picture from today and I am happy with it. I plan to post weekly until I have my abs back. Who the heck knows how long that might take. But the scale said 126 this morning and that made me one happy lady! I was about 127 in the photo at the top of this post (I am 5'7'').

Moral of my story- lost the weight at 10 days- pretty much toned in 12 weeks- YOU CAN DO IT! I hear people all the time saying "you look great, I'm still fat from my baby 20 years ago." I'm sorry - thanks for the compliment, but your baby is likely not why you are still "fat." Yes, I was blessed with good genes and was sure to eat healthy throughout my entire pregnancy, both which contributed greatly to my ability to lose so quickly. Don't be discouraged if you can't get it off quick. It took you 9 months to gain it and you created a human! But don't tell me in 20 years that is why you are fat... Just sayin'


ok- time to get that sweet, amazing, perfect baby from her nap now.

~let go laughing!

Comments

Popular Posts