To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven

Another Monday... Only a few more left with the freedom of no work. Sad face :( It was another wonderful weekend here on the island. Friday night we went to dinner at the Thai resturaunt. It was Michaels first time there. It was sooooo good! After dinner we went to Homeport. I sang a few songs and we danced and had a blast. On Saturday, my husband and I woke up early and were lazy for a while. Then we got up and packed the coolers to head over to the canal for the day. Michaels friend from base, Sean came to visit as well as my old family friend, Patrick. Michael and I took them out on the boat for a ride and then we spent the rest of the day relaxing on the dock and in the canal. Saturday night we went to a cocktail party across the street on the water. We hung out on the dock chatting with all of the southenders until it was time to crash! Yesterday was a lazy day. Michael and I drove up to the North end to see Lee Ann and to just drive around. It was nice and relaxing. We came back and took a nap and then went to hang out on the dock at Jamies house. As a nice end to our weekend we took the boat to dockside in Wrightsville for dinner. Unfortunately, the wait was quite long and it was dark before we even left to come home. Yes, I was very nervous because my daddy wasn't driving the boat and he is my "safety net" so to say. But when I asked Mike if I could hold the spot light and point out all of the markers for him to follow and he said yes, I was back in my safe zone. My daddy has taught me well and I navigated us right home! We went very slow and it would have been a nice cruise, but my hand was killing me from holding that spotlight the whole time. haha. But, it was absolutely beautiful out and we had a great time.

So, there it is. Another amazing weekend with my husband and family. Next weekend is Bodie's birthday. Then the weekend after that could potentially be my last weekend down here for a couple of weeks. I want to get back into the groove of things the first week or so of school and then I will be back down on weekends while it is still pretty out! Well, that's all for now. Mom will be back home tonight, and that is good because my husband is on duty today.

Time to take care of some stuff and go lay out on the dock- Hopefully the lisence agency will not be such a pain and we can get this car stuff taken care of in the next two weeks! If so, Michael and I will finally own the mountaneer and be able to out our tags on it!

LET GO LAUGHING.

Comments

Popular Posts