July 2009

Well, everyone else is doing the blog thing, so I figured I would try it out! What an amazing month this has been. My husband and I have spent some wonderful time together at the beach where we fell in love. He took 2 weeks off and it has been amazing. We had a fantastic 4th of July, as usual. It was definitely the best one for me in the past 3 years since Michael was here. Bodie had shirts made again and we started the parade at 10am like always. It gets bigger every year. Mom says we might need a permit if it keeps growing every year!

I wish everyone could live the life I do. I don't mean to sound like I am bragging or being stuck up, but I honestly wish the happiness and luck that I have upon everyone. I have the most amazing family a girl could ask for. My parents are always there for me whenever I need anything. My husband is absolutely the best. I have wonderful in-laws as well as friends. I have the dream job I have wanted since I was a little girl. I completed my first year teaching in June. I had such a wonderful class of 1st graders and am so lucky to still have my job for this year. I love teaching first grade. Don't get me wrong, it is not an easy job. People tend to think teachers go home at 3pm with the kids and do nothing else--- wrong! =] I love it though, and it is so rewarding to see how much those little kids grow throughout the year. I couldn't believe how far they had come! I still have a month left before I get back in the grind of school though.



My husband and I are doing great. We have been married a little over a year now and are loving our puppy and home! Just 3 more months left of the Marines! I can't believe that! It seems like yesterday, I was writing 4 page letters each day/night while he was away in boot camp. Then, in Japan the day after Christmas for 2 years in a row... scared out of my mind in the Tokyo airport all alone! Wow- time flies! Our [4 legged] baby boy turned one a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe I have had him for almost a year now. He had surgery yesterday and will not be able to have puppies... sorry ladies! =] He is doing very well and just as smart and sweet as he was pre-surgery.
As I sit here waiting for my husband to get back home from helping his dad for a bit, I almost feel like a civilian wife and not a military wife for once. These past two weeks have been fantastic and even for the rest of the summer as he travels back and forth from here at Topsail, (our home away from home each summer) I can finally get that feeling of what life will be like VERY soon. I love my husband very much and I appreciate the military and the men and women who serve. I am so proud of the time my husband has put in and always will be. It is time for him to say his goodbye to the Marine Corps. He is taking online college courses right now and will begin working as soon as he gets out. Things are really looking up and we couldn't be happier.
Today we took a boat ride to Wrightsville to eat lunch at Dockside. Michael drove his dads boat and his Dad met us there by land. When we got back, we caught some shrimp in the canal and I cooked them in some pasta for dinner. So good! Here's to another month of summer! Boat rides, sand bar, beach and sun! =] We truly are two lucky souls and without each other, our family and friends, we wouldn't be where we are today.
LET GO LAUGHING!

Comments

Popular Posts