bittersweet...

I have only one month of summer vacation left. It is a pretty bittersweet reality. I am a true beach bum and love my life here at Topsail. Yes, I am spoiled to be able to live here all summer long. Unfortunately, this summer was off to a late start with some events. Don't get me wrong, the wedding and concert were so worth it and I had planned to head straight to the beach.. but nooooo. Of course, I got the swine flu. Mom called today and was talking about making my chair pockets and painting bookshelves and making curtains to match them all for my classroom... AHHH! I don't know if I am quite ready to start talking about all of this yet. I am trying not to get sad looking at the calendar with only 4 weeks of my summer freedom left. Then, back to running records, the new math adoption, meeting my new class, getting into my new classroom... meeting the parents, etc. I love my job and I know once I get into the swing of things it will be ok. But honestly, I am really going to miss Ashley Howey this year. I can't believe she left me! :( She is such a wonderful teacher and was an amazing help to me during my first year of teaching. I was so lucky to have her there for me and have made a great friend. I will be on the first grade hall this year though, and that is definitaly a plus. OK- enough school talk...

I am very lucky to be where I am and be fortunate enough to have what I do when it comes to the beach house and amazing summers for the past 15 years of my life. I wouldn't trade it for the world. But, I will admit, I miss that college schedule when I was out of classes the first week of May and stayed here through the very end of August. We go back to work on August 17th, the day before my big 2-4! Wow! Almost a quarter of a century! I'm gonna make the best of this last month of my summer and count on the weekends that I will continue to come back down here until at least October---[WHEN MY HUSBAND IS A CIVILIAN AGAIN!]

My husband left to go back to work today. Tonight, we are celebrating Darvy's 1 year anniversary being adopted into the Soignet family. I don't know if Michael is going to be back tonight or not. I know he had his school work to catch up on and will definitely be home tomorrow night while I stay with Hannah and Haley so my parents can take Brenda and Page out for Brenda's birthday. These are some of the same things I do each year and love doing.

Again, I truly am blessed and I wish I could show just how appreciative I am of my family and friends. This summer, I have come to realize that life is what you make it... not just from watching Hannah Montana... lol... "Life's what you make it, so let's make it right!" But, it is SO true! Brian taught me a lot in our friendship before he passed away after such a short life. He always had fun, no matter what he was doing. He made the best out of everything and always appreciated what he had. I miss my best friend dearly and only hope to have as much fun in my life as he did.


Off to hang out with my mom. She finally made it back down here! Ringer is here for Coach and Coach has already started marking again. LOVELY. I guess he is showing Ringer who is boss. lol.
Let go laughing!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts