Operation turn closet into office has officially begun!
It started off looking like this:
And our old office is now a playroom in progress. Still waiting on curtains and pillow cases, a little bit of paint on that book shelf and a futon/bed/cover on that couch/ something...
I am thrilled with the closet progress so far. To be honest, I really didn't think I wold have a home for my dying computer until the fall or later. My husband rocks! RQ and mommy went to the beach and came home to a desk! So far, that's all there is... a desk. But that's more than I expected, so I am happy! I will put my to-do list here for myself to come back to (or to send M to if I'm out of town or he needs another project to do!)
- cover desk with fabric and have glass cut to fit
- cover chair with matching fabric (i'm thinking chevrons... gray and yellow)
- paint walls (maybe i should do chevron walls and solid fabric???)
- hang diploma
- cork boards for side wall to hang bills, etc. on
- move top shelf up and build another shelf for printer
- build drawer under the desk for "junk" (paper clips, etc.)
- OR- hang strip of wood across back or side wall and hook mason jars to it with metal hooks for the "junk"
- have electrical outlet installed
- organize the boxes
- pick up my spring rods from storage to cover top shelves with curtains (soon to also match desk and chair)
I don't think I want to take the door off. I have toyed with the idea, but I think I like being able to close it off. Especially if I am editing and have lots of papers and sticky notes everywhere. So here is my mood board of sorts for what I am looking for in the next few steps of this project:
|desktop - fabric or paint and cover with glass|
|for bills, etc|
|obviously not with bathroom items ;)|
That's all for now.
~let go laughing