i got it!

I got my intervention job back this year!!! (For those of you not in the teaching field, it is basically a tutor but in the schools setting, during the school day.) The only difference is I will only be working with first graders. 

As many of you know, last year I did not go back to work teaching first grade full time after RQ was born. I had all intentions to go back and it was a very hard decision to make. I know I made the right decision because I have absolutely loved staying home with my sweet girl. I may miss shopping for myself a little bit, but RQ and I love to walk around the mall and browse and all that matters is that I am with my girl. 

That said, I did work as an interventionist 2 days a week from March until the first week in June with K-2 at a different school. I miss my creek family very much, but it is awesome being at a school only 2 miles from my house that I can come home on my lunch break.. I got the final word that I will be returning this year as a 1st grade interventionist and I couldn't be happier about this position. It is perfect. I get to continue to use my degree in teaching and actually teach without all of the paperwork and politics involved in a classroom setting. I will be pushing in and pulling out small groups in reading, writing and math. 

I honestly feel like I am getting the best of both worlds. I still consider myself pretty much staying home with RQ- but I get to make some money on the side to help with bills and I get to do so doing something I love. I will be working about 16 hours a week as I am adding a half day to my schedule from last year only working 2 days. It's nice though, because I still get my morning with RQ before I leave and I'm home by 3:15 Tues/Wed and 12 on Thurs. :) I really don't think I could ask for a better situation. It also gives RQ bonding time with her daddy and when daddy has to work, she will spend some quality time with her ma-lolo and grandy.

i still get to cuddle with this sweet thing every single morning :)

I want to thank everyone for your continued prayers in this journey. It sucks leaving my little lady, even for just a few hours those couple of days. But it is what we have to do and I am thankful for the closeness and only little bit of time that I have to be away from her. My contract goes from August 28-May 30. I also have weeks off in there for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Spring Break... Like I said... perfect. I am so thankful for this opportunity and happy to be working with such an amazing team of teachers this year. As for next year... who knows? I may attempt this position again or if finances will allow, I will possibly try to offer private tutoring sessions out of my home and that be all I do. I will say some prayers and I'm sure whatever is meant to be will all work out. 

Time to get some rest (or maybe stay up until midnight so I can watch Hunger Games) so I can enjoy my birthday tomorrow... I can't believe I will be twenty seven. Yikes! 

I'll leave you with a few pictures of my sweet RQ:

playing in the pool at the beach- good thing we live in NC and we can still have lots more long weekends on the island

RQ modeling her new outfit from gigi - she has a pink one on the way now too. it's too stinking cute!

if you ever need us on a monday morning, you will find us at story time (if were not at the beach...)


~let go laughing

Comments

Popular Posts