vegas baby (a quick re-cap!)

world wide rally- (my third in Vegas)
We had a blast in Vegas! Riley Quinn was a wonderful traveler!  She loved the airplane rides and made lots of friends. We only had one issue on the first flight coming home where descending hurt her ears. All three of the other flights were wonderful though. And even on the one she was hurting, the people around us were so nice. I guess it was an obvious painful cry and not a cranky cry. 
first plane ride

Sunday night when we arrived, we picked up our bags, the stroller and car seat (that we rented- she met us at our baggage claim!)- and we headed to the cab line. We waited all of 3 minutes before getting a nice cab.  Riley was so in awe that she didn't even whimper in the car seat without her dvd player. When we pulled up to the hotel, we got out and grabbed our bags. I looked and Michael and he looked at me...
"Everyone told us this was going to be hard..." We just smiled. It could likely be the easiest trip we had ever taken. Riley was happy- even though it was 7:30pm Vegas time which was way past her east coast bed time. Grandy and Ma Lolo had already checked us into our room. It was considered a "suite" but it was nothing like what we have stayed in before. I won't complain though, because it was still awesome. They did comp the crib since it was mothers' day! We got our keys, headed up, unpacked and hit the sack.
first morning in the hotel
We spent every day out by the pool in a cabana. It was wonderful. I think Riley Quinn wants Grandy to build her a cabana and hire a cabana waitress at home now too! Daddy and Grandy spent a lot of time in meetings, but they still spent a ton of time with us too. We did go shopping one morning, but we didn't stay long and made it back to the cabana by lunch. We spent the first two days pretty much in the cabanas. Wednesday, we spent pretty much the whole day in the pool. It was great to have the cabana for Riley though.
napping in the cabana- we literally stayed there every day- all day

cabana time with daddy

our hotel

new bathing suit and swimming with daddy

the water was cold when you first got in, but then it felt great

this girl LOVES the water

Monday night, Ma lolo and Grandy watched Riley so Michael and I could go see Beetles Love. It was super fun and we had a wonderful time.

On Wednesday (the day before our wedding annviersary) we were all in the pool talking and having a good time. I was completely joking when I said we should have our vows renewed by Elvis. My FIL, MIL and my mom were all for it. We were laughing and I thought nothing else of it. About thirty minutes later, Michael came over to tell me our ceremony was at 6:30. I thought he was kidding. It was 4:30 and I was in the pool!
I managed to get to the room, shower- get RQ showered and dressed and find a dress in mom's closet down the hall. We made it to the chapel with several guests (Mom. Dad. RQ. MIL. FIL. Tim. Austin and one of his GM's). It took about 5 minutes to "plan" our ceremony. It was like a whirlwind and before I knew it, Elvis was walking me down the isle, singing "Love Me Tender."
vegas vow renewel

amazing anniversary

we did it! ...again

It was so much fun. That night, we went to the Dominos Party at the pool. After the party, we went to Revolution with some friends and danced for a couple of hours. It was so much fun. Gigi and Pawpaw stayed in the room with RQ while she slept.

our hotel- the revolution night club

We got up the next morning and headed home. We got home by 7:30 and RQ was in bed by 8:00 and slept until 8:00am the next morning! She is most definitely our world traveler and we had so much fun. I cannot wait to go on our next adventure as a family of three!


Popular Posts