mother's day

Tomorrow is my first mother's day. Well, not really- but the first one we are really celebrating! Last year, Riley was still in my belly and although, I was still a mommy- I REALLY feel like a mommy now. I have never been happier in my life. I couldn't imagine life without my little bean. It's hard to believe that this picture was taken exactly a year ago! Look at my little Riley Quinn starting to grow in my belly!!!! We didn't even know she was a she yet!
My REAL first mother's day- 2011- 16 weeks pregnant with Riley Quinn

This year, I am getting to sleep in and Michael and Riley are going to make me breakfast in bed. I can't wait! I got my present early too! Michael and Riley are just like mommy when they have a present to give. They just can't wait to give it! I have to say, I am so very excited about this present. My hubby did good. I have loved art my entire life. I have a passion for anything "art" whether it be photography, paintings, sculptures, etc. I took many art and design classes throughout life and continue to dabble in many different medias today. For mother's day, Michael and Riley took my passion for art and created a wonderful masterpiece that I will treasure forever. My Riley Quinn used my paints and painted me a canvas.

excuse the no make-up/ "getting ready to go to bed" look


She did it all by herself! Michael even took pictures of the process to show me. He and Riley did this for me while my mommy and I went and got manicures and pedicures together. 
i love it! she's covered in paint. 


looks like she is having so much fun!



While we are on the topic of mother's day- I want to give a huge shout out to my AMAZING mother. She has raised me to be who I am today and has taught me how to be a mommy myself. Thank you, Mom. For raising me to love and treat everyone equally no matter their differences. Thank you for showing me how to love. I hope I can be half the mom to Riley that you have been to me.



P.S. I have already hung Riley's art work! I think I may frame it though! Her very first canvas piece at 6 months old! I LOVE it! 






~let go laughing!~

Comments

  1. What a wonderful gift! I love that he took pics of her creating it as well. Wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts