being a mom



I love being a mom. I love it more than anything in the whole world. Holding my precious little angel that I created with my husband is the most amazing feeling in the world. Here is the dilemma... HOW can I be a teacher AND a mom? Yes, you tell me... people do it all the time. I, however... am not just "people." I need to be with my baby girl. I have made a commitment to this years class of students, and I will finish out this commitment. I can do it. 4 months. Riley will be 3 months old when I go back... She will be 13 weeks old. I have to go back for about 18 more weeks. Add in some vacations in there (Spring break, etc.) I can do this. God, please give me the strength. I will be begging for June 7th to get here once I am back. I will be a good teacher and continue to do what I am supposed to do for my students, don't get me wrong. But I must say, this is my last year as a full time teacher at least until Riley goes back to school. And, hopefully by then we will have our own franchise and I will be working from home.

Come January 30th- I better have a lot of support, coffee and love. I was in tears all last night thinking about it. I can't imagine what I will look like upon returning that day... a HOT mess I would imagine. And you better believe Riley Quinn will be having MANY lunch dates at the creek with mommy. Daddy and ma-lolo are going to have such a good time with her and take such good care of her while I am at work.

Then in June... bye bye house cleaners, bye bye extra cable boxes, internet, smart phones... whatever has to go! I don't care. I WILL be home with my baby girl.

She's waking up for her nap! Gotta run!

~let go laughing!

Comments

  1. it's funny reading back on my old blogs... and its awesome i didn't have to go back to work at all! thank you, God for this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts