go local


I always like to spend money locally. At the beach and in Durham. I try to help the economy as much as possible, especially when it come to produce and such. This week I feel like I have done a good job. Today we spent all day just loving Durham. :) We started the morning with our daily almost daily... trip to the Bean. (Ok, I went yesterday too- but they're so dang good!) If you haven't been to Bean Traders, drop your things and run there- right now. Seriously. Best. Coffee. Ever. When I say we live there- it's not an understatement. I've blogged about them before and it really is one of my favorite places on earth. I can't say enough just how awesome they are. It's worth a trip to Durham!

oh pumpkin spice latte, how i love thee

Gotta love those pumpkin spice lattes. Even when it's 90 degrees out. Although, it was quite a lovely morning and didn't get too hot until around noon. Anyway- we left there and headed over to the grand opening celebration of the south durham farmers market! It's a super cute, small and perfect location! I've been one other time this summer, but when I heard about the fun today- we had to make a play date out of it! We gathered the red heads and met over there. I kid you not (and even random people pointed it out) it was a red headed party. There were AT LEAST 20 other red heads from about 6 months- 3 or 4 years old. It was so stinkin' adorable. You would have thought it was some type of convention for ginger babies! 

I picked up some veggies for RQ and even got our first pumpkin of the season! RQ got to sit on the tractor and on the fire truck! She even got her face painted for the first time! She is just growing up way too fast for me! 




She had so much fun. We thought it was getting to be nap time, so instead of farmers market hopping and heading over to the downtown market, we decided to head home for a nap. Unknown to us, RQ decided she didn't want her morning nap today, so we gave in after about 30 minutes of trying and had a quick lunch before we set out on our next venture downtown. Papa has been wanting us to come see the cow parade for a while now and it was the perfect day to go. They are super cool and I am not sure how much longer they will be around, but you should definitely go check them out! 







I only took pictures of a few. It was getting hot so we checked them all out and went to Tyler's for garlic fries, water and fried pickles!!! It was a super fun day in Durham and RQ is finally taking a nap. A not so great one at that, as she has already woken up twice in 40 minutes. I'm not quite sure what is going on... I think she may be getting a new tooth or a cold. Silly mommy working in the school 2 days a week is probably bringing home lots of lovely germs to the kiddo. :(

Time for me to cuddle up on the couch and wait for the afternoon thunderstorms heading our way! Glad we made a full day before they set in! 


~let go laughing.



.

Comments

  1. I plan on making a few trips this fall to our farmers market. It's so great to be able to support the community that way and also so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts