be who you are and say what you feel...

It has been a very stressful two weeks to say the least. I try so hard to be a positive person and not let things get me down. I work so hard and love my job and I love my students. Sometimes you get that feeling that no one appreciates what you do or no one notices the hard work and effort you put into things...

I am SO lucky to have such amazing co-workers at the creek. I love our Friday afternoon "meetings" at locations around town. I love the fact that I can just have a "not so happy" look and my amazing mentor comes running. I love that I have a completely supportive principal that cares about my ideas, thoughts and feelings and supports my initiative. I love my team that is working so well together even though we are missing two VERY important members (Amy and Tracy)... :( I couldn't imagine working somewhere that I did not have this support.

Not to mention my awesome kids. I have the most generous and thoughtful kids ever. Sure they drive me crazy, they talk all the time and they are silly... But, they are smart, they want to learn and they truly care about each other, myself and everyone that steps foot into our classroom. I feel like we have bonded and formed such a great environment in that room this year. And on days like today when the going gets tough, and it is 3:15 and I'm tired, they're tired and we all need a break... we just cut on some music and sing/dance. I love it. Nothing is better than seeing those little grins and watching those silly munchkins dance around like there is no other care in the world. To only have the mind and "problems" of a 6 year old again!

And then, at the end of the day... being able to come home and relax with a girls night/ movie night with awesome neighbors. Life is good. Sure in life there is stress, anger, disappointment and struggles and sometimes you just want to curl into a ball and never come out... but you know what gets you through it... friends and family.

So- what have I learned in this past two weeks of no sleep, barely time to eat and working all hours of the day and night?

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”


Thank YOU Dr. Suess.


Let go laughing ~

Comments

Popular Posts