Rest in peace, Andrew

Rest in peace, Andrew 


The annual oyster roast on the Friday after Thanksgiving will be hard this year I am sure. Our island family has lost one of our members. It is a tragic and sad situation. Dr. Andrew Newcomb passed yesterday in route to the hospital with his wife. He was having chest pains and decided he should go in. As they traveled from Henderson on the way to Raleigh to see another friend of ours who is a heart surgeon, Andrew lost his life with his wife there with him. 

He was a wonderful man. I can honestly say that I never saw him without a smile on his face. When I think of him, I think of his laugh and his smile. His amazing son, daughter and wife are in so much pain. I have prayed and continue to pray for their strength and peace. I absolutely cannot imaging losing my husband or my daddy.

Andrew and his wife Kathy were high school sweethearts. She has been with him for practically her whole life. There are no words to describe the pain she must be suffering. My heart aches so deeply for her and her two amazing children who I consider dear friends of mine. 

Daddy has spoken to Will today. He seems to be very strong and helping to hold his family together. He has so much strength to be there for his mom and sister. 


I will continue to pray for this dear, sweet family and ask that anyone who is reading this, please does the same. I am still in shock and at a loss for words. There is so much more I want to sit here and type and cannot find a way to get it out...

God, please be with Kathy, Will and Caroline as they find peace that their father and husband are with you.

John 14:1-4 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”

Comments

Popular Posts