pumpkin bars in muffin style!


I am a sucker for anything pumpkin. Since I was a little girl, we would go to TCBY just to see if they had their pumpkin frozen yogurt and when it was all out around November, I would seriously be sad. I wait until the day pumpkin spice lattes are offered at the coffee shop... I've gotten a lot of recipes off pinterest lately, and I have started to try many of them. I tried the pumpkin spice latte the other day and I must admit it was pretty good. Here is the link for the latte. I didn't do a step-by-step with it. In case you are a pumpkin addict like myself... here is the recipe for the pumpkin bars turned muffins that I made today [yes, in August...]. And no, they aren't as good as my mom's recipe which I will share later, but I needed to use the can of pumpkin I opened for the latte (only used 1 tbs) and I had all of the ingredients for this one!


What will you need?

Bowl 1-
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 2/3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup veg. oil
  • 1 can pumpkin (15oz)
Bowl 2-
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Mix each bowl separately and then combine. Put into muffin trays (with baking cups or greased). Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Want to add the icing???

All you need is-
  • 1 pack of cream cheese
  • 1 stick of butter (softened)
  • a splash of vanilla
  • confectioners sugar (about 1 or 2 cups depending on the consistency you like)
use a mixer to mix the cream cheese, butter and vanilla and then add the c. sugar a little at a time. Voila!


Easy right?! You should go try them... right now. They are good with or without the icing...

Comments

Popular Posts