lovely afternoon thunderstorms

I just love the sound of an afternoon thunderstorm. For some reason, they only scare me at night when I'm alone. I drove the miata on the highway for the first time today. I was a bit nervous since I am not a complete and total pro at the stick shift yet- well, at least I thought I wasn't. I managed to conquer a complete stop on I40 and no stalling out! The traffic got pretty rough and there was a HORRIBLE storm. I was so nervous that I just pulled off the highway and sat in a bojangles parking lot for 20 minutes (along with about a million others!) until the storm blew over. It was CRAZY. The lightning and thunder were happening all around me and with that tiny car and soft top, I was pretty nervous sitting in that parking lot. But then I remembered that the rubber tires had me grounded so I felt a little better. When I got home, Michael drove it and he likes it OK. I told him I wanted the license plate to say something along the lines of beach cruise and he was like "oh yes.. to make it even more 'cute' ..." haha. He's so sweet. I've always wanted a convertible and he likes it better than the Honda and it's an even trade! I will most definitely be saving some gas money now! Any who- here I sit, on the couch watching Disney channel and listening to the rumbling thunder. Guess I will start the laundry soon! I'm making sesame chicken and rice for dinner. Gotta love the frozen Sam's Club specialties. lol.

I had an amazing week at the beach- yet again. Kendra, Tracy and I got a LOT of planning done for the upcoming year. Then when Mom and Dad got into town, we spent a lot of time with my in-laws and really had a great time! It was nice. The only thing missing was my sweet husband. I can't wait to head back to the south-end after our vacation. We have a wonderful house-sitter and the puppies can't be luckier! :o)

Oh yes, and on another note- I think I have decided to quit my project 365. I just lost interest and would rather just post my better pictures and pictures I enjoy rather than having to find something to take a picture of everyday... Maybe when I have kids one day, it will be more interesting to have a subject! :o)


I hope everyone is having a safe, relaxing and enjoyable weekend.


let go laughing.

Comments

Popular Posts